Cleanup properties

Lanser, Peter
Hi,

when defining the cleanup properties for build lives one has the possibility to define properties (keep days, keep latest, type) for each status. But what does the entry "All Build Lives" mean exactly? Does it somehow overrule the properties for each status?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Peter

RE: Cleanup properties

Buschmann, Peter D
The way this works is confusing, and unclear in the documentation.  I
asked Urbancode about it a couple of months ago, and the reply was ->

The "All Build Lives" is kind of an end all be all.  The intention is
that your "all build lives" setting is less than your setting for any of
your statuses.  The hope is that each build is getting a status applied,
and it would then fall under those clean up policies.  Try making the
number to something like 2, instead of 120.

To put it in my own words, a build life will be archived (or
inactivated) only after it has met ALL of the relevant criteria.  For
example, if it was successful, and 'success' is defined to have seven
'keep days', but 'All Build Lives' has ten keep days, it will not be
archived until ten days have passed.  On the other hand, if 'success'
has seven 'keep days' but 'All Build Lives' has two, it will be archived
after seven days.

We set 'All Build Lives' keep days to the same as the minimum for any of
our other statuses (i.e. to seven days).

Peter

AW: Cleanup properties

Lanser, Peter
Peter,

thanks for your reply.

There's one more problem we've got to deal with: The large number of files AHP produces (mainly logfiles). Which files are deleted when a cleanup is done? E.g. when a build life gets deleted, which files will be removed from disk (logfiles for requests and/or jobs, artifacts etc.)?

Regards,
Peter

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

RE: Cleanup properties

Buschmann, Peter D
We archive almost everything.  For archiving, I believe that only artifacts, i.e. files under "anthill3.artifacts.dir", are removed.  Probably it's the same for deletions, but I'm not certain offhand.

I don't think that log files are cleaned up, and their quantity/size does get to be a concern.

Peter