Are there any concerns I should have with using Debian as the underlying OS for AHP?

Are there any concerns I should have with using Debian as the underlying OS for AHP?

sleon
Hi All,

I need to migrate my AHP server from Redhat 4 due to the age of that OS.  I could go the CentOS route or the Debian route.

I'm not the sys admin of the server, just the admin of AHP on the server, so going to Debian would mean that the server could be placed on the list of servers automatically upgraded by the sys admin team whenever an upgrade is warranted (determined by the sys admins).

Obviously, not needing to worry about the maintenance of the underlying OS has it's appeal as I'm not the sys admin of the server.

Are there any flags that people can think of with going to Debian, or does this seem like a reasonable OS choice?

Thanks
Scott